Frequently Asked Questions
You probably have lots of questions. We have lots of answers. Below is a set of questions and answers that should cover many of your questions.
Alternatively you can click on the magnifying glass at the top right of every page to search the entire website for content that matches keywords you provide.
If neither of these approaches get you a satisfactory answer to your question, please go to our Contact Us page, provide your contact information, and type your question into the Comments/Questions box on the left side below contact information.
- How much do you charge?
- How do I get my order to Lexington Photo Scanning?
- How do I estimate the number of photos or length of film in my order?
- At what resolution do you scan prints / slides / negatives / film?
- What kind of corrections do you apply to all scanned images regardless of original media?
- On what storage media do you deliver the scanned photos or converted video cassettes, audio cassettes or home movies?
- What services do you offer for scanning 35mm slides?
- What format of slides can you scan?
- How do I estimate how many slides I have?
- How should I pack my slides to deliver to Lexington Photo Scanning?
- If I use the economy slide scanning service, how should I load slides into Carousels so they are ready for scanning?
Video Cassettes, Audio Cassettes and Vinyl LP Records
- What services do you offer for converting Video and Audio cassette apes and Vinyl LP Records?
- If I have several video tapes that end before the end of the tape, can you combine them onto one DVD?
- If I have a blank video tape in my order will you charge me for converting it?
- Should I convert video tapes to DVDs or MP4s?
- What kind of issues are there with converting Vinyl LP Records to CDs or MP3s?